The Fundamentals of the Mortgage Process
- Who Should Attend: Processors and loan officers with less than 3 years of experience in the mortgage business
- Overview: Our Fundamentals of the Mortgage Process webinar incorporates a high level overview of the basic principles of processing and underwriting and helps you become comfortable with the fundamental skills required to effectively take and process a mortgage application. Join us for this insightful workshop, and you'll maximize your effectiveness and value to both your borrowers and your company.
You'll learn to:
• logically gather data and documents;
• understand the importance of a complete 1003;
• understand risk layering;
• evaluate The Four Cs — Credit, Capacity, Capital and Collateral — which help determine mortgage worthiness; and
• ask the right questions to maximize your effectiveness and value to both your borrower and your company
May 22, 10:30 AM CST
Recorded WebinarWatch Now
Rebecca Chase came to work for MGIC in 1998 as an underwriter, polished herself into a senior underwriter and then discovered the joy of customer training. Her extensive banking background also includes front-end experience as a loan officer and a sales manager.
Rebecca attended Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wis. Born in the very small town of Ohio, Ill., population 523, she is a transplanted Midwesterner living in balmy Florida. When she’s not at work, you’ll find her at the beach, reffing a pro beach volleyball match.
Sheryl Yu entered the mortgage industry in 1984. Her intimate familiarity with her class content comes from her experience as a national underwriting manager, an operations manager and a branch manager for both retail and wholesale lending. She joined MGIC in 2002 to lead its northern California underwriting operations.
Sheryl has a bachelor’s degree from the University of California at San Jose. While she has lived in northern California her whole life, she loves to travel, discovering interesting places.