The Basics of Mortgage Insurance
- Who Should Attend: Processors, underwriters and loan officers new to the mortgage business or looking to refresh their knowledge about mortgage insurance
- Overview: Max Karl, a Milwaukee real estate attorney, found a better way for lenders to originate low-down payment loans when he founded MGIC in 1957.
Today, the mortgage industry offers more financing alternatives for high-LTV lending, yet mortgage insurance remains one of the safest, most affordable options for both lenders and borrowers.
Join us for this fundamental webinar, and get acquainted — or reacquainted — with the basics of mortgage insurance. You will:
• Consider, compare and conclude which options are best for borrowers;
• Understand what MI is and how it works;
• Demystify some of the misunderstandings and misinformation surrounding MI
• Learn how to calculate MI rates based on popular premium plans.
February 09, 10:30 AM CST
March 13, 2:00 PM CST
Scott Meerstein:Scott Meerstein joined MGIC in 2004 and is currently a Lead Inside Account Manager for the West Central Region. In this role, Scott manages account relationships and introduces customers to MGIC's tools and resources. In the past, he's held the position of mortgage loan processor and correspondent loan auditor.
Scott has trained on topics such as, MI Basics, Millennial Marketing, and Low Down Payment Lending.