Master Policy Application
We can’t wait to partner with you! Apply for an MGIC Master Policy Agreement to submit mortgage insurance loans with us.
Current Master Policy
MGIC Master Policy – March 1, 2020, and after
MGIC’s Master Policy (#71-70384) is designed to further align our Gold Cert rescission relief options with Representation and Warranty Framework of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. This policy represents a collaborative effort with U.S. Mortgage Insurers (USMI), Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
MGIC Master Policy, effective March 1, 2020:
Gold Cert Coverage
Our Gold Cert protection provides rescission relief for Significant Defects due to lender underwriting errors, property valuation defects and borrower fraud. You can choose the level of protection that fits best with your business processes and needs as an organization.
- Immediate Protection
- 12-Month Payment Protection
- 36-Month Payment Protection*
For more information and requirements:
Download Master Policy Rescission Relief Overview
Download Rescission Relief Guide, effective Aug. 8, 2022
*Loans not meeting the criteria for 36-Month Payment Protection will receive rescission relief at month 60 if current, or in the event of a default, when the loan comes current.
Under our Master Policy, flexible submission options allow you to continue to tailor the way you do business when submitting data and/or documents. For details about submission options, see our Underwriting Guide, effective Sept. 22, 2022:
FAQs and resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Summary of what’s new in our 2020 Master Policy
- Compare new Master Policy to 2014 Master Policy
- 2020 Master Policy Rescission Relief Overview
- MGIC Servicing Guide
- MGIC Rescission Relief Guide
- Commitment/Certificate sample
- Gold Cert Post-Close Document Checklist
- Origination File Document Checklist
Master Policy information prior to March 1, 2020
For Master Policy information on insurance applications we received on or before Feb. 29, 2020, see the links below:
- Effective Oct. 1, 2014, through Feb. 29, 2020, Master Policy #71-43342
- Effective on or before Sept. 30, 2014, Master Policy #71-7135 or MGIC Indemnity Corporation (MIC) Master Policy #70-91001 and endorsements
You might also like
MGIC Master Policy application
Apply for an MGIC Master Policy Number or a Customer Number.
MGIC Underwriting Guide
The policies, procedures and guidelines we use to evaluate loans for mortgage insurance.
Contact Customer Service
We’re ready and waiting to answer any questions you might have.