Self-Employed Borrowers – Focus on Rental Income
Not all rental income is calculated the same, and borrowers who own rental properties may not even be self-employed! Take 60 minutes and explore these different rental income situations:
- Using rental income from a primary 2-4-unit residence
- Calculating rental cash flow from tax returns (Schedule E) for investment properties owned personally
- Building qualifying income when the borrower has business income from investment properties
- Cash flow rental property using a lease and a vacancy factor
- Additional considerations when subject property generates rental cash flow
With over 35 years of experience, Sandra Sweeney is a mortgage industry veteran. She has a deep understanding of and appreciation for the various roles in the industry after having worked in operations, loan origination, underwriting, and management.
Now a senior customer trainer and program designer, she facilitates many of MGIC's national webinar courses. Sandra’s live and on-demand webinars focus on critical industry subjects such as the fundamentals of the mortgage process, how MI works, topics involving self-employed borrowers, how to review an appraisal, and more.
You can see Sandra in action throughout MGIC’s on-demand video series called Magic Minutes. These 15-minute tutorials help mortgage industry pros expand their knowledge on important topics like evaluating and calculating borrowers’ income.
All-in-one self-employed income
calculator, rental income calculator