Our current Master Policy, covering insurance applications dated March 1, 2020 and afterMGIC’s Master Policy is designed to further align our Gold Cert rescission relief options with Representation and Warranty Framework of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. This policy represents a collaborative effort with U.S. Mortgage Insurers (USMI), Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
Gold Cert Coverage
Our Gold Cert protection provides rescission relief for Significant Defects due to lender underwriting errors, property valuation defects and borrower fraud. You can choose the level of protection that fits best with your business processes and needs as an organization. Click here to learn more about these options:
- Immediate Protection
- 12-Month Payment Protection
- 36-Month Payment Protection*
For complete requirements, see our Rescission Relief Guide.
* Loans not meeting the criteria for 36-month Payment Protection will receive rescission relief at month 60 if current; or in the event of a default, when the loan comes current.
Under our Master Policy, flexible submission options allow you to continue to tailor the way you do business, submitting data and/or documents.
MGIC Master Policy #71-70384
Master Policy information prior to March 1, 2020
For Master Policy information on insurance applications we received on or before Feb, 29, 2020, see the links below:
- Effective Oct. 1, 2014 through Feb. 29, 2020, Master Policy #71-43342
- Effective on or before Sept. 30, 2014, Master Policy #71-7135 or MGIC Indemnity Corporation (MIC) Master Policy #70-91001 and endorsements