All-in-one self-employed income
calculator, rental income calculator
How lenders can support multicultural growth and incorporate diversity in the workplace - Episode 11
Edgar Hernandez, Senior Manager in the Multicultural Center of Expertise (MCOE), CUNA Mutual Group
How lenders can support multicultural growth and incorporate diversity in the workplaceEdgar Hernandez is a Senior Manager in the Multicultural Center of Expertise (MCOE), CUNA Mutual Group. We chat with him about how simplicity and transparency can help create trust with consumers, especially in underserved markets. He discusses how lenders can support multicultural growth within their organization, being mindful of peer and management diversity in the workplace, as well as how to use job postings to attract diverse talent to your organization.
- What does it mean to be a multicultural strategy manager at CUNA Mutual Group? (1:50)
- Can you talk about some of the obstacles underserved consumers face, and ways lenders can better serve them? (5:17)
- How does CUNA support diversity, not only in the workplace but also in the community? (13:27)
- What advice can you give lenders who are in the early stages of incorporating diversity into their workforce? (17:23)
- We're celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month at MGIC. Can you tell me more about where you're from? (24:32)
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.