In an effort to protect its co-workers and minimize a delay in delivery of products, services and support to its customers, MGIC has developed a Pandemic Plan addressing the threat of a pandemic from a virus.
It is difficult to predict when the next pandemic event will occur or how severe it will be; therefore, MGIC has taken this opportunity to plan for such an event. The MGIC Pandemic Plan is based on recommendations set forth by OSHA, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in conjunction with the Alert Levels established by the World Health Organization.
Under MGIC's Pandemic Plan:
- The company will leverage aspects of the Crisis Management Plan to manage a pandemic.
- Human Resources will be responsible for monitoring the spread and impact of the disease and escalating to the Crisis Management Team (CMT).
- The CMT Leader will determine when it is appropriate to activate the Pandemic Plan.
Upon activation of MGIC’s Pandemic Plan:
- The focus will be on the continuation of MGIC's critical business processes.
- In the event service levels will be impacted, business partners and customers will be notified.
- If appropriate, MGIC will suspend non-essential functions.
- Personnel may be re-deployed to other departments to support the demands of staffing shortages within the critical business processes.
- MGIC will notify all co-workers that the Pandemic Plan has been activated, what actions they should take and where to find the most current information regarding the pandemic and MGIC’s response.
- To mitigate the spread of disease, best practices for hygiene, etc. will be re-emphasized.
- All standard workplace policies and co-worker benefits will remain in practice unless modified at time of pandemic.
Based on public health agency recommendations, MGIC will publish to all co-worker’s critical information related to the pandemic, including but not limited to:
- Temporary remote computing alternatives.
- International and domestic business travel advisories.
- Time-off and return to work guidelines.
- Social distancing.
Contact Kathy Valenti, VP – Chief Compliance Officer
800-558-9900, ext. 6903