“Anything worth doing is worth doing badly – just get started”
Steve Kyles is a partner with Mortgage Marketing Animals, one of the top mortgage coaching programs in the country for loan officers, as well as a top-producing branch manager at Success Mortgage Partner. He's also the host and founder of the Loan Officer Leadership podcast, one of the top podcasts for loan officers across the nation. With over 17 years of experience in the mortgage business, Steve is passionate about coaching other loan officers and sharing the tools that help him succeed.
In this episode of Mortgage Connects, Steve shares:
- Why you shouldn’t focus on leads until you focus on lead conversion
- How he keeps from losing customers by only quoting rate ranges, not quotes
- Why cost transparency can help your buyers understand the monetary value you provide
- How to win over buyers who rate shop by asking then to commit to you upfront
- Why you shouldn’t put off doing something until you think you’ll do it good enough
- Do you think having more leads is a good goal or will that just cause problems? (1:01)
- How do you quote interest rates? (4:32)
- Talk to me about how you overcome the challenge of converting rate shoppers. (7:40)
- What do you call that initial meeting with buyers, and do you have any tips on ways that originators can structure that very first important conversation? (17:53)
- How do you structure the initial consultation with a client so the process is consistently successful and repeatable? (24:01)
- What’s the best way to get more effective in prospecting? (27:50)
- What are the top 3 complaints real estate agents want solved? (31:00)
Steve Kyles, partner with Mortgage Marketing Animals
Steve Kyles is a partner with Mortgage Marketing Animals, one of the top mortgage coaching programs in the country for Loan Officers as well as a top-producing branch manager at SMP. He is also the host and founder of the energetic and value-packed Loan Officer Leadership Podcast, one of the top podcasts for Loan Officers across the nation. Steve is passionate about coaching other loan officers as he shares tools that help them succeed in their business. Steve started in the real estate industry in his early 20s buying and flipping homes. Being in the mortgage business for over 17 years, he has built a dynamic team that is highly committed to helping every client and business partner succeed. He is passionate about using mortgage as one more way to make a difference in the Houston community. He is husband to his best friend, Stephanie, and father to three amazing kids: Ethan (10), Lucas (6) and Eliana (3). In his spare time, he spends time with his family tending to their farm and chickens.
Subscribe to our blog: The latest from MGIC Connects, straight to your inbox!
Sign up to receive regular content from MGIC Connects, our mortgage industry blog and home of MGIC's Mortgage Connects podcast. Our experts share their insights beyond private MI to help readers learn about mortgage finance, housing trends, mortgage education initiatives, real estate news, social media and more.