Claim filing options; documentation, submission requirements
A claim on a loan must be filed within 60 days (or more if approved by MGIC in writing) after title transfer, which could be one of the following:
- A foreclosure sale has been completed
- The property is sold as a borrower-titled sale with MGIC approval, if necessary
Expedite the processing of your claim by providing all required documentation with the claim.
File a claim for loss via:
- MGIC/Link Servicing — Select File a Claim in the main menu
- Electronic formats — Contact MGIC eCommerce Services, email@example.com or 1.800.558.9900 for information
- Fax — Complete an MGIC Claim for Loss Form (editable PDF) and fax to 1.800.353.8781
Submit a request to update a pending claim or file a supplemental claim via Secure File Transfer.
- Select Claimsquery as File Recipient
- Indicate within your message the type of request:
- Update to Pending Claim
- Filing a Supplemental Claim
Check claim status via MGIC/Link Servicing; select Policy Inquiries in the main menu.